The Trustees wish to appoint a number of new volunteer trustees to help support the long term development of the Farm.
The Board meets every other month, and Trustees would additionally be expected to spend a day, roughly every 3 months volunteering onsite or attending events and supporting fundraising activities.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that Deen City Farm complies with its articles of association, charitable objectives and charity law.
- Maintaining overall financial control and stability of the farm, ensuring that funds are spent appropriately and in line with our charitable objectives.
- Assisting the management team with tasks as appropriate to your skills and experiences.
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the organisation alongside the rest of the Board of Trustees and General Manager.
- Input into and approve internal policies and procedures alongside the General Manager.
- Safeguard the good name and values of Deen City Farm & Riding School.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good independent judgment
- Strong communication
- Friendly and approachable
- Knowledge of and interest in animals and community farms is desirable.
- Candidates who are local are desirable, but it is essential that you are able to travel to the farm for meetings, events and the odd day of volunteering.
- We are particularly looking to recruit trustees who have education, building management, fundraising, equestrian or human resources experience/knowledge
For more information on being a trustee or to apply please contact Henry Nelless, Chair of Trustees, on email@example.com
For a tour of the farm or information on the our work please contact Emma King, General Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org