School & Farm Tours
Deen City Farm and Riding School isn’t just a fun place to visit – it’s also a unique learning resource. We collaborate with many local schools and organisations in offering a range of educational experiences and activities.
The benefits of learning outside the classroom are well documented and widely recognised and local schools and pupils can visit and have both a great time and a valuable learning experience.
Self-Guided Group Visits
All school and group visits including MUST be booked in advance. We have a restricted capacity and cannot guarantee entry if you are not booked.
Entrance to the farm is free however as an independent charity we cannot stay open and free for those who need us if we do not receive valuable donations. Please consider adding a donation to your booking.
These tours are for School Groups or Organisations of 10 children or more and are one of the best ways to experience the farm. These tours usually take about an hour. Tours can be customised to focus on a particular topic or aspect of the curriculum. Farm tours are suitable for any age group from Reception upwards. Tours run Tuesdays to Fridays with a maximum capacity of 30 children, groups are spit into two/three smaller groups.
Each tour includes:
- A tour around the farm with one of our staff leading the way
- The chance to get up close and meet the animals
- A talk about each animal with the chance to ask any questions
- Some animal feed for the goats, cows and sheep
- Time to revisit the animals at your own leisure.
- Pony rides can be added to your tour as an optional extra & are provided by experienced Riding School staff.
- Farm Tour: £3.50 per child (Please note that there is a minimum charge of £35.00 for Farm Tours)
- Pony Rides: Additional £2.50 per child minimum £25
If you would like to discuss any elements of the farm tours please contact our Visitor Services Team by emailing email@example.com
Planning on visiting Morden Hall Park?
We’re very fortunate to be situated next to Morden Hall Park, a brief 10-15 minute walk from the farm. If you’re planning on visiting Morden Hall Park or even passing through with your school group, you may need to book in advance.
Please have a look at their National Trust website for more information on structured and self-led visits to the Park.
Visitors to the Farm can also access us via Windsor Avenue and we have some car and minibus parking just outside the Farm.