Next year will mark 45 years since Deen City Farm first opened its doors back in 1978. To celebrate this milestone, we are launching a Photography Competition ahead of our big celebrations in 2023.
The competition is looking for 12 very special photos to feature in a commemorative 2023 calendar.
We would love to see a variety of photos from the last four and a half decades of the farm. The photos can feature animals, the farm in general and/or people, but please ensure you have permission to submit your photo from any identifiable individuals in your entry.
The 12 lucky winners will have their photos featured and credited in the calendar and also receive a free copy when the calendar is launched later this year.
When entering a photograph, please provide your name, contact details including an email address and tell us the story behind your photograph, including when & where it was taken.
To Enter: photographs can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with email subject: ‘Calendar Competition 2023’ or via post – please mark for the attention of ‘Calendar Competition 2023’.
Please don’t send original photos as we will not be able to return them. Photos must be of good quality to print. By entering, you are confirming that you agree with the competition’s terms and conditions (found below) and provide consent for the photograph to be used in our calendar or during our 2023 celebrations.
We look forward to receiving your entries, good luck!
Photography Competitions Terms and Conditions:
The competition is to have a photograph featured in the Deen City Farm & Riding School Commemorative Calendar 2023.
Entrants are responsible for ensuring they have read and understood the terms and conditions and requirements for photos. Any entry found not to comply will be disqualified.
Eligibility & requirements:
- The competition is free to enter and open to everyone of all ages, including Professional Photographers. A maximum of 2 entries per person is permitted.
- Images entered into the competition must not have previously been offered for sale, featured in paid publications, won or been runner-up in any other photography or calendar competition.
- Entries will not be returned, once the winners have been decided all other entries will be destroyed along with entrance details in accordance with GDPR.
- Photographs can be entered by email addressed to ‘Calendar Competition 2023’ to email@example.com or via Post; ‘Calendar Competition 2023’ Deen City Farm & Riding School, 39 Windsor Avenue, London, SW19 2RR.
- Physical copy photographs should be no smaller than 7x5 inches and no larger than an A4 piece of paper.
- Electronic copy photographs should be submitted as JPEGs or PDF and be no larger than 10MB. Files larger than this may be rejected by our email server.
- When entering a photograph, please provide your name, contact details including an email address and tell us the story behind your photograph, including when & where it was taken.
- Photographs must have been taken at Deen City Farm & Riding School, either at the Aberdeen Road site between 1978 - 1980, Batsworth Road 1980 - 1994 or at the current Windsor Avenue site.
- You must have permission to submit your photo from all identifiable individuals featured before entering the competition.
- Do not do anything to injure or distress animals or cause damage to the environment when taking photographs. Any photos deemed to be in breach of this will be disqualified immediately.
Judging, notification, and contact:
- Deen City Farm will appoint judges to choose the winning entries. The organiser’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the judging and organisation of the competition.
- The competition closing date is Midnight on Monday 8th August 2022.
- The winners will be announced on Deen City Farm’s social media and also
contacted directly via email no later than Wednesday 7th September 2022.
- The prize for the winners of the competition is to have their photograph featured in the calendar and one copy of the calendar when it is published. There is no substitute prize available, financial reward or cash alternative. The winners must also agree for their photograph to be displayed at Deen City Farm, during the 45 year anniversary celebrations.
- The organiser’s reserve the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary or due to unforeseen circumstances out of the organiser’s control. The organisers reserve the right to remove a winner’s entry from the final calendar if they are found to be in breach of the terms and conditions at any time.