From guided tours to after school clubs , we aim to educate wherever possible. The benefits of learning outside the classroom are well documented and widely recognised and we welcome visits from schools of all ages and abilities!
One of the best ways to experience the farm is with one of our Farm Tours, a staff led, guided tour around the farm. The tours usually take around one hour. If you’d like to focus on a particular topic then please let us know, if we’re able to personalise your visit to link in with studies in the classroom, we’re happy to help!
Each tour includes:
- A Staff led tour around the farm
- The chance to get up close and meet the animals
- A talk about each animal with the chance to ask any questions
- Animal Feed to feed for the larger animals such as the goats, cows, sheep and aplaca.
- The use of our classroom – ideal for storage, snacks and lunch
- Time to revisit the animals at your own leisure.
A classroom based Craft activity and Pony rides can be added to your tour as an optional extra. Please see below for additional costs.
|When we offer tours
(all must be pre-booked)
Up to 35
|Tuesdays to Friday 10.30am groups are split into two/three smaller groups which will run concurrently.|
|£3.50 per child – PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOW FULLY BOOKED UNTIL SEPTEMBER
DATES FOR SEPTEMBER ONWARDS WILL SHORTLY BE AVAILABLE TO RESERVE ONLINE VIA THIS PAGE.
Greenfingers Garden Tour
|Additional £1 .oo per child CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE|
Classroom Craft Activity
| Additional £2 .00 per child depending on the activity
|Additional £2.00 per child|
Please note that there is a minimum charge of £35.00 for Farm Tours. If you would like to find out more information about visiting Deen City Farm with your school, or about what services we can offer you, then please contact our Visitor Services Department either by email to email@example.com , or by phoning 02085 452170 (please be aware that at busy times of year, the phone may be left unattended, so do leave a message and we’ll get back to you!).
Booking a Farm Tour
To book a farm tour please email: firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- The name & address of your school/organisation
- A contact name and telephone number
- Your preferred tour date/s
- The age & number of children attending each tour (maximum of 35 children per tour)
- Whether you require just a tour or would like the addition of a craft or pony rides.
We will then check our availability and contact you by email.
We take a non refundable deposit of £35 to secure all farm tours and balance has to be paid in full prior to your visit.
Planning on visiting Morden Hall Park?
We’re very fortunate to be situated on the land of Morden Hall Park, who are a brief 10-15 minute walk away from the farm.
If you’re planning on visiting Morden Hall Park or even passing through with your school group, you may need to book in advance. Please have a look at their National Trust website for more information on structured and self-led visits to the Park.