Deen City Farm and Riding School isn’t just a fun place to visit – it’s also a unique learning resource. We collaborate with many local schools and organisations in offering a range of educational experiences and activities. The benefits of learning outside the classroom are well documented and widely recognised and local schools and pupils can visit and have both a great time and a valuable learning experience.
We are asking that groups between 10 and 30 people pre-book with us, at the moment we are running with a restricted capacity and cannot guarantee entry if you are not booked. You can book your slot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Local Schools and organisations have free entry for group visits.
These tours are for School Groups or Organisations of 10 children or more and are one of the best ways to experience the farm. These tours usually take about an hour. Tours can be customised to focus on a particular topic or aspect of the curriculum. Farm tours are suitable for any age group from Reception upwards.
Tours run Tuesdays to Fridays with a maximum capacity of 32 children, groups are spit into two/three smaller groups.
Each tour includes:
- A tour around the farm with one of our staff leading the way
- The chance to get up close and meet the animals
- A talk about each animal with the chance to ask any questions
- Some animal feed for the goats, cows, sheep and alpaca
- Time to revisit the animals at your own leisure.
- Pony rides can be added to your tour as an optional extra, and are provided by our experienced Riding School staff.
- Farm Tour: £3.50 per child (Please note that there is a minimum charge of £35.00 for Farm Tours)
- Pony Rides: Additional £2.00 per child minimum £20 (Please note that these are not currently running due to Covid 19 restrictions)
If you would like to find out more about visiting Deen City Farm with your school or would like information about the services we can offer you, please contact our Visitor Services Team by emailing email@example.com.
The playground is not currently open, we are fundraising at the moment in order to resurface it. We hope that we will be in a position to open it in for the summer but cannot guarantee this.
We take a non refundable deposit of £35 to secure all farm tours and the balance must be paid in full prior to your visit.
Planning on visiting Morden Hall Park?
We’re very fortunate to be situated next to Morden Hall Park, a brief 10-15 minute walk from the farm.
If you’re planning on visiting Morden Hall Park or even passing through with your school group, you may need to book in advance. Please have a look at their National Trust website for more information on structured and self-led visits to the Park.
Visitors to the Farm can also access us via Windsor Avenue and we have some car and minibus parking just outside the Farm.